March 29, 2024, 03:00:18 pm

News:

Unlogical names will be denied acces. Check your mail/spambox!

DSR tank in Australia

Started by TonyK, August 08, 2014, 06:57:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyK

Two more :)

glennf

Nice .. you have something to look forward to.  Seeing the growth of a tank is very inspiring.

islandreef

Way to go Tony, so glad you have stuck with it!!
Cheers Ben

TonyK

I also built my own calcium reactor as my old one couldn't keep up with demand and quite frankly the store bought ones are rubbish!

This one holds 14 kg of mixed media :)

It does the job very well now and uses a fraction of CO2 than the much smaller one did!

glennf

Quote from: TonyK on September 16, 2015, 11:23:28 am
I also built my own calcium reactor as my old one couldn't keep up with demand and quite frankly the store bought ones are rubbish!

This one holds 14 kg of mixed media :)

It does the job very well now and uses a fraction of CO2 than the much smaller one did!

Nice. That schould ben enough!

TonyK

Hi everyone.

The frags are starting to grow and showing some wonderful colours, it's just a pity it will take a long time to get them big again!

I practice a 'hands out' methodology, so I just observe and wait now.

Here are some images of the frags.

glennf

seeing how the tank grow is also very inspiring tony. At least now you know what situations to avoid. of course you also need some luck....

Happy Reefing, GlennF.

The-Russ

WOW!!!   What a great Tank.   So sorry for your loss, but it looks like the DSR Method has worked wonders for you.   

I have been looking at this method for a year and your progress is VERY inspiring.  It seems VERY difficult to get the product here in the US and I would not even know where to start with the abnormal water volume and awkward size of my system.

220 Gal Display
400 Gal Sump volume