March 28, 2024, 06:51:59 pm

News:

Unlogical names will be denied acces. Check your mail/spambox!

DSR EZTrace

Started by Griffter, January 13, 2020, 02:43:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffter

Hi I have joined the forum following a recommendation of a fellow reefer in the UK.

Previously I was using an alternative 2 part dosing regime which included Alk, Cal, Mag and trace elements but have recently switched to a Calcium Reactor.
The reactor media (Dastaco) only provides Alk & Cal so Ive been looking for a product which could be dosed to provide Mag and other trace elements. The EZ-Trace appears to do what is required.

The instructions I've been able to find indicate that dosing is based on amount of EZ-Calcium which I wont be using. Im wondering if there is any additional information available which would indicate the impact of dosing ez-trace for example with some products there is a statement like "1ml of product x raises levels by y ppm in 100L"

If anyone could advise it would be appreciated.

admin

Quote from: Griffter on January 13, 2020, 02:43:16 pmHi I have joined the forum following a recommendation of a fellow reefer in the UK.

Previously I was using an alternative 2 part dosing regime which included Alk, Cal, Mag and trace elements but have recently switched to a Calcium Reactor.
The reactor media (Dastaco) only provides Alk & Cal so Ive been looking for a product which could be dosed to provide Mag and other trace elements. The EZ-Trace appears to do what is required.

The instructions I've been able to find indicate that dosing is based on amount of EZ-Calcium which I wont be using. Im wondering if there is any additional information available which would indicate the impact of dosing ez-trace for example with some products there is a statement like "1ml of product x raises levels by y ppm in 100L"

If anyone could advise it would be appreciated.

Because you don't know your Calcium consumption
Use the the startdosing of EZTrace and  watch you Mg level. Raise dosing when Mg drop