March 29, 2024, 10:09:53 am

News:

Unlogical names will be denied acces. Check your mail/spambox!

Redsea Potassium test - reagent D warm up before use

Started by glennf, December 27, 2013, 12:05:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

glennf

December 27, 2013, 12:05:36 am Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:36:15 am by glennf

ENG
Beware when you use the redsea Potassium test !

make sure titrant D of the potassium test is use above 25 degrees celcius. When that's  not the case there will be visible crystals on the bottom of the bottle. This will make the test result unreliable and even future tests results will be affected, because the concentration of the titrant will not be the same anymore.
warm up the bottle before use. Place the bottle with tritrant D for 10 minutes into a pocket close to you body will do the job. The crystal must  be dissolved completely, check this before use.

When crystal are present in reagent D the readout will be a "faulty" 260 -320ppm.

Please pay special attention to the reading of the potassium test
The amount of titrant used to turn the  liquid to full blue should be used to read the chart. You will not be the first one who get it wrong by reading the liquid left.

=====================================================================

NL
Let op bij het gebruik van redsea potassium test !

Zorg ervoor dat titrant D van de potassium test boven de 25graden celcius is. Als dat niet het geval is vorm zich kristallen op de bodem van de fles, wat de test totaal onbetrouwbaar maak, maar ook toekomstige test resultaten worden er door beinvloed, omdat de concentratie niet meer klopt.
Als je de fles 10 minuten in je broekzak stopt voor het testen, is dat genoeg om alle kristallen weer in oplossing te laten gaan.
Deze kristallen moeten niet aanwezig zijn. bij het gebruik van de test. Het moet 100% een homogeen vloeistof zijn!

De aanwezigheid van kistallen in reagent D zal een typische "foute" uitlezing geven van  260-320ppm.

Extra aandacht ook voor:
Het aflezen van de  laatste stap is de verbruikte eenheiden ! De fout word meer gemaakt dat men het restant van de injectie afleest.

psycho1

Regarding to thePotassium test.

Is there a dutch manual on the web anywhere? The reason i need this is because my wife will do the tests sometimes when im not home and her english is very poor .
I've tried to translate but it is not as easy as it looks.(My english is not superb).
If someone could help me with this  pls mail me @ r19cabberke@gmail.com

regards Hans

Hartenheer

Ik weet niet wat voor een merk je gebruikt, maar misschien heb je hier wat aan.
Blijft Engels, maar zien is doen  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP9jQMgxQzw
Groeten,

Willem

psycho1

thx Willem

At the end of the testim not sure how to reda the end result.Do you have to look how much titration still is in the surrenge (example 0.16ml)and then comparethe 0.16ml in the tabel?wich then makes 422?

glennf

Please pay special attention to the reading of the potassium test
The amount of titrant "USED" to turn the  liquid to full blue should be used to read the chart. You will not be the first one who get it wrong by reading the liquid left.

Quote from: psycho1 on December 07, 2014, 02:35:31 pm
thx Willem

At the end of the testim not sure how to reda the end result.Do you have to look how much titration still is in the surrenge (example 0.16ml)and then comparethe 0.16ml in the tabel?wich then makes 422?

greetings, GlennF