April 18, 2024, 04:13:13 pm

News:

Unlogical names will be denied acces. Check your mail/spambox!

Treef1200 - The DSR legacy!

Started by glennf, November 13, 2013, 04:29:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

glennf

Today a small part of the reef was pruned.  This was essential to keep the reef healthy.
Afterwards it's hardly visible that it has been pruned.
 In the meantime, 15 buckets with 200 decent sized "ECOFrags" have been made and brought to the LFS.

Vandaag een klein deel achterin het rif gesnoeid. Dit was hoog nodig om het rif gezond te houden.
Na de snoeibeurt is het nauwelijks zichtbaar dat er gesnoeid is.
Intussen zijn er wel 15 emmer met 200 "ECOstekken" van een fatsoenlijke formaat gemaakt en naar de LFS gebracht.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

glennf

February 04, 2021, 11:20:53 pm #496 Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 11:24:54 pm by glennf
Feeling inspired by NPS corals (again)
This time i put them in my sump, with some slight modifications.
Yellow menella
Purple menella
Tubastrea Faulkerni

Je (weer) geïnspireerd voelen door NPS-koralen.
 Deze keer heb ik ze in mijn opvangbak gedaan, met enkele kleine aanpassingen.
 Gele menella
 Paarse menella
Tubastrea Faulkerni

glennf

February 21, 2021, 10:10:49 pm #497 Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:28:48 pm by glennf
Just finished installing my S21Ultra and took some pictures

The tank is also settling  from the transition from T5/LED to FullLED  lighting.

I love it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G998B met Tapatalk

glennf

February 22, 2021, 03:25:45 pm #498 Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 03:28:44 pm by glennf
Nope... DSR  werkt voor geen meter haha...
Het zal wel gefotoshopped zijn

Great colors and healthy corals is the reward for knowledge and commitment
 (:

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G998B met Tapatalk

glennf

What's the sense of keep corals in the dark?

- When you turn on the light you get a color explosion
- this is the most energy efficient (cheapest)   reeftank to maintain (once you managed the technique to keep them alive).

FB: https://m.facebook.com/GlennFDSR?ref=bookmarks

YT: https://youtube.com/user/glennfhome

glennf

This is another set of pictures from the Frag700reef.
It's time to prune again.

glennf

May 16, 2021, 04:50:52 pm #502 Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 04:54:02 pm by glennf
Very satisfied with the result after pruning.

60 frags made

BEFORE............

glennf

The EZ550reef
Soon there will be another rescape of the reefconstruction.
For now enjoying the topview.

glennf

July 18, 2021, 12:18:15 pm #504 Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 12:49:00 pm by glennf
After i removed all equipment from the sump, because these are not required anymore in todays new dosingsystems, it was a useless container which only required extra maintenance. Now i found a usefull application of the sump. Make a bypass on the MRP and place a light on it an turn it into a fragtank.

Nadat ik alle apparatuur uit de sump had verwijderd, omdat deze niet meer nodig zijn in de huidige nieuwe doseersystemen, was het een nutteloze container die alleen maar extra onderhoud vergde. Nu heb ik een nuttige toepassing van de sump gevonden. Maak een bypass op opvoerpomp, plaats er verlicht boven en maak er een stekkenbak van.

glennf

glennf

September 01, 2021, 10:12:04 am #506 Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 10:27:48 am by glennf
frag700reef:

It's growing insanely fast. I can't keep up with the pruning anymore. Every time I cut 1 branch, I get 2-3 new ones in return.

Het groeit waanzinnig hard. Ik kan het snoeien niet meer bijhouden. Elke keer als ik 1 tak knip, krijg ik er 2-3 nieuwe voor terug.

return.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://youtube.com/user/glennfhome[/URL]

glennf

December 05, 2021, 12:57:21 am #507 Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 01:23:41 am by glennf
The old DSR1200reef is emptied, cleaned, re-sealed and given a new life. It will be renamed the Treef1200.
All in all, this aquarium has been running from 2004-2021 without any changes worth mentioning.
This makes it one of the best known tanks, which started a trend that cannot be reversed. Partly because of this tank, it is impossible to imagine the average seawater shop in the Netherlands without DSR.
I am still surprised that rearranging a tank gives such a great boast of inspiration.

De oude DSR1200reef is leeggemaakt, schoongemaakt, opnieuw gekit verplaatst en krijg een nieuw leven. Het wordt omgedoopt naar de Treef1200.
Al met al heeft dit aquarium van 2004-2021 zonder noemenswaardige wissels gedraaid.
Daarmee één van de bekendste bakken waardoor een trend is ingezet die niet meer te keren is. DSR is mede door deze bak niet meer weg te denken in het assortiment van de gemiddelde zeewaterwinkel in nederland e.o..
Ik ben toch verbaasd dat het  weer nieuw inrichten van een bak zo een grote boast aan inspiratie geeft.

glennf

December 15, 2021. #Treef1200
Soft corals do not always have to be brown.
It is simple but 100% satisfying to work on. In the meantime, experimenting with new LED strips, while waiting for the new JMB LEDs to arrive.

Softkoralen hoeven niet altijd  bruin te zijn.
Het is simpel maar geeft 100% voldoening om eraan te werken. Intussen experimenteren met nieuwe ledstrips, in afwachting de nieuwe JMB leds die nog binnen moeten komen.

glennf

This is the TReef1200 after 5+ months
It has become a "classic reef"

Reeftanks with a completely closed lid.
Share your thoughts and experiences